Fall is one of our very favorite times of the year around here, but our team falls in love with healthy teeth and beautiful smiles throughout the entire year! A perfectly straight and healthy smile is amazing, but did you know that proper orthodontic treatment provides many health benefits you might not know about? It’s true!
One of the major benefits of orthodontic treatment is a confidence boost! We have seen time and time again how a brand-new straightened smile brings a reserved patient out of their shell! A straight smile also brings our adult patients a new sense of confidence that they may have been lacking for years!
Although feeling and looking your best is one of the major perks of orthodontic treatment, there are so many other health benefits you might not know about. A beautiful and healthy smile affects many areas of our life!
1. Can prevent tooth decay/or gum disease:
- When your teeth are properly aligned, there is less room for error with brushing and flossing. Spaces in your mouth cause food to get caught and cause tooth decay.
2. Digestion Help:
- When teeth are in their proper and straight positions, chewing is more efficient and will help you digest food easier!
3. Brushing and flossing will be more effective:
- By eliminating tooth crowding, bite issues, or spacing problems, toothbrushes and floss can reach more surface area and will clean teeth to the fullest.
4. Can potentially correct any speech problems:
- If someone has a speech problem caused by an over or underbite, orthodontic treatment can correct the orthodontic issue that may help correct speech patterns.
5. Could help relieve headaches:
- Sometimes orthodontic treatment can help relieve pressure in the mouth that may cause chronic headaches.
6. Preventative measures for possible future dental problems:
- Orthodontic treatment can prevent several common dental problems. From tooth decay, all the way to bone erosion, moving someone’s teeth into their ideal position can reverse the need for painful and expensive dentistry needs in the future.
We Are So Grateful for You!
The benefits of orthodontic care are abundant… just like the falling leaves! Our orthodontists, Dr. Sionit and Dr. Taylor, are grateful for all of our wonderful patients. Our team loves to have the opportunity to help improve our patient’s smiles and overall dental health every day. Feel free to contact us to set up an appointment or a complimentary new patient exam.